BabyFruit Ticker

Thursday, May 16, 2013

24 Weeks

Holy Guacamole!

I can't believe we are 16 weeks away(ish) from meeting our little nugget. I remember when I was 16 weeks pregnant...seemed like yesterday....my regular clothes still fit.

I am loving my maternity clothes. Yesterday I tried to pull on one of my pre-pregnancy dresses I still fit into 2 weeks ago...I couldn't get it to zip. Maybe if I had a helper it would have gone, but it was a lost cause. I was banking on still squeezing into those for another couple weeks at least! Alas, I am wearing one of my maternity dresses today. They are so comfortable. JD saw me dressed this morning and says, "Awww you're adorable". I think that was a compliment! (To clarify I was not insulted by this comment. Love you honey.)

This past weekend was Reunion weekend at school/work. JD celebrated his 15th Reunion. I was busy busy all weekend, but from what little I saw it looked like the class of 1998 had a blast. 

I had to make it really big because it's so good!

We had most of these jokers over at our house Friday night. The good news is we can have parties at our house and the cops don't get called by our neighbors. 
Lots of Reunion shenanigans happened over the weekend (not at our house!) and it was a blast but I am glad it's over. Needless to say I think this was JD and I Monday morning:

Sunday was Mother's Day. My darling husband managed to fight his way through the hangover to buy me a Mother's Day card and an orchid. What a guy! I love that this was technically my first Mother's Day...but I can't wait to celebrate with our little nugget here in person.

Still haven't managed to really "exercise". But I did put a lot of standing up miles in over the weekend, so that counts.

This week the U.F.O. is the size of a cantaloupe! That's a good size and seems about right judging by the size of my bump. His/Her skin is becoming less see-through and becoming more pinky. Nugget is kicking away. 
One of the most amazing milestones we've hit so far: Last night JD was able to feel the baby kick! It was awesome. We were laying in bed and I could feel the baby moving around. The kicking seemed stronger last night. I thought I felt a couple on the outside so I grabbed JD's hand and put it on my belly. Sure enough he felt the baby kick a few times. 
It was so great and such a big moment for JD. I know he had been bummed he couldn't feel the baby yet...I have a feeling I'm going to have his hand on my belly every time we're next to each other.

Pregnancy Symptoms this week:
-Swollen ankles and feet: You mean Flintstones feet? Yes. I blame this on standing up for 3 days in a row and not so much on the pregnancy. 
-Leg Cramps: Not so much.
-Back Aches: Mostly from the days I spent on my feet this week, but otherwise I don't usually have bad back pain. Sometimes my sciatica acts up...
-Linea Nigra: The line down the belly...I haven't had this show up yet and I've been checking!
-Stretch Marks: These are still right around my love handles. They haven't progressed further. 
A pretty low-key week for pregnancy symptoms. 

To Dos:
-Nursery: This weekend we are going to pick out the flooring, I am picking up the paint and we are going to check out cribs. 
-Birthing Classes: Find one.

The bump this week!


I'm getting my hair cut tonight...hallelujah! I have the itch to chop it all off...I usually get this itch every couple years. MOST of the time I give in and chop...then I go into a hair depression for about a week. I feel like a need a change, but maybe not the mom haircut just yet! We'll see what Lynn says...

The countdown until the first trip out to MV has begun!! 15 days!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment