BabyFruit Ticker

Thursday, June 20, 2013

29 Weeks

I've never been so tired without having dug my own sleep hole. In the past when I've been this tired it was from working at the bar or just staying too late at Harry's...but todayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Sorry! Fell asleep typing. 
Today, it is just that I have not been able to stay asleep the last few nights. Between my giant belly and the snoring...not mine!...it has been all I can do to get a solid 8 hours of sleep. Last night was the best. JD and our new caretaker Tito came home from the Bruins game about 1:30am and it woke me up. I managed to get back to sleep around 3am. Then round about 4am I was woken up by JD and Tito doing their best chainsaw impressions. Tito was in the next room...I could have sworn the walls were rattling. I might have to start sleeping on the couch...or better yet, banish the men to the basement. 

At this point when people tell me "You look great!" it's really code for "Surprisingly you don't look as awful as I thought you would." "No, really you look fantastic!"...is it that shocking??

I'm hungry all the time. I know I'm supposed to be snacking on fresh fruit, and I do, but sometimes eating an entire bag of salt and vinegar chips just sounds SO MUCH BETTER!
Or a healthy snack of pickles and olives

This past Sunday we finally tried the new YoFro place (as Ella calls it) in Webster. It was amazing. I told JD if at any point he can't find me, I'm probably there. Their coconut yogurt was light-years better than stupid old Pinkberry. 
It's that good!

My book tells me that whenever I'm relaxing or sitting I need to be "tailor sitting" which is an old person word for Indian-style...which I know is not the accepted nomenclature. Well Dr. Bradley, I work at a desk all day sitting uncomfortably in my chair, when I get home all I want to do is sink into my couch, not sit on the floor! I can survive like that for about an hour and then I manage to roll myself over, get up, and sit on the couch. I also have to take time during the day to chill out in the squatting position. This is not easy for me
a. because when I crushed my Achilles tendon 4 years ago I have been unable to fully extend said tendon ever since 
and
b. because I have a basketball in the way and gravity does not let me balance.

I'm not really sure why my belly looks so big and extends outward so far, because the baby has been camped out under my diaphragm making it hard to move without basically getting the wind knocked out of me by a tiny head. (Longest. Sentence. Ever.)

The nugget is the size of an acorn squash this week. 
Seems about right for the size of my belly and FINALLY a vegetable that I can envision a baby being. A banana makes no sense. At no point in my pregnancy was the baby skinny and long...
The baby will start packing on the pounds...as will the mommy. The baby should triple its weight between now and the birth day. 

According to thebump.com this is a good week to start finalizing things in the nursery...well that's not about to happen. The crib is still a good 3-6 weeks out from arriving and then we have to figure out how to put it together! I do have the rug though. I need to paint the dresser and we have to figure out how to hang the closet doors. I feel like you can't really put the room together until you've had the shower. Then it's officially time to get ready, you have everything you need. So suck it The Bump, I'm waiting! 

Apparently I should also have my hospital bag packed and waiting by the door just in case! I made a list of everything I should/need to have with me. I'm going to need a suitcase with wheels for everything, never mind a duffle bag! It's ok, there will be things in there for JD and the baby too.

Pregnancy Symptoms:
-Lots of kicks: Yes, Nugget is a little Daniel San. 
-Headaches possibly due to difficulty sleeping: You don't say? I've been drinking plenty of water. What doesn't help is the fluorescent lighting and constant lawn mowing at work. 
-Itchy belly: Not an issue.
-Back, leg or pelvic pain: Yes, yes and yes. 
-Hemorrhoids: Still no, thank you Jesus!
-Constipation: I have good days and bad days. I will leave it at that. 
-Trouble sleeping: 

-Gotta pee - again!: 12 people in one office with one bathroom is rough. I wake up at least once a night to pee. I pee before I leave the house/work and have to pee again as soon as I get there. 
-Varicose Veins: Not that I know of, but I can't see as much of my body as I once could.

This week I've truly started to feel uncomfortable. And I really do hate complaining about being pregnant because it is such a beautiful miracle and journey, but uggghhhhhh.

Stopped by Jurve's the other day to measure a piece of furniture to possibly use as a changing table and to dig out some of my childhood books since I need a little more variety than the 4 books we currently have to read to the baby. 
Tangent: I found my collection of Beatrix Potter and the "Bedtime Story" book. They are so good. Really takes me back. I was such a little reader as a kid. 
Back on topic: Jurve work so hard on their property and it shows! I marvel at how effortless and easy it seems to be for them to know what to do and make their gardens look like they should be in Hyde Park. A sampling of the fruits of their labor:
They gave us some of this for our garden...looks nothing like this.
An English garden in CT


So, here is the belly this week. 
29 Weeks down, 11 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment