BabyFruit Ticker

Thursday, June 13, 2013

28 Weeks

Does everybody know what time it is??
Pool time!! 

That's right! JD and I have successfully, after trial and error (thank you for the tip Melissa!), opened our pool for the season. Guess what? It's blue! Oh it looks so nice. I can't wait for the sun to come back so we can swim. I don't care what the temperature of the water is at this point, I just want to swim in my pool. As I'm nearing the "massive" stage of pregnancy, floating sounds like the best thing in the world. 

JD and I trekked up to the pool supply store Saturday morning (after my BBB from Brother's that consisted of french toast, 2 scrambled eggs, home fries, bacon, sausage and an english muffin (the only thing left was the english muffin...don't juduge, I only ate 2 meals that day!)) and bought a pump for the pool cover and a testing kit. It took the entire day on Saturday, plus a couple hours on Sunday to remove all of the water that was on the pool cover. Sunday JD had to put in some work hours at his Man Club (the 200 Sportsmen's Club) so I attempted to remove the cover myself. Unsuccessful. The cover was full of residual water and leaves. So I gathered the cover in a corner and began filling the pool with water from our hose (the pool was negative 2 feet of water). This process took the entire day as well. Finally JD came home and we removed the pool cover. (2 more trips to the pool store later) A "few" stray leaves made it into the pool. First lesson in skimming, complete. Added some alkalinity stuff and pH balancer...let it chill for 2 hours. Then added the shock to stew overnight. Next day we added 3 tablets of chlorine to our filter and the next day...we had a clear pool! Pretty awesome. I'm very excited to use the vacuum. The thing looks like Wall-E. 
Needless to say...we are now accepting donations for water floats and toys. 

We are at 28 weeks which means we have about 12 weeks to go. 7 months preggers. I don't think my belly looks that much bigger than a month ago...let's compare belly photos, shall we? 
6 months
7 months

I think I look bigger in my 6 month photo! What the heck? Maybe I'm just getting rounder. 

We are officially in the 3rd trimester! Hopefully when I go to the dr. in two weeks I'll get my 3rd trimester packet...and not the week before I'm due. 

We have registered for Prepared Childbirth class starting July 11th. 8 hours of training should be plenty...

This week the baby is starting to put on a little fat...thank god! It's not just me. The lungs are now developed enough that if the baby came early there is a good chance it could survive. While we are all very excited to meet you Nugget...please don't come early! Your room is not ready yet.

Speaking of...I kind of want to make the nursery the master bedroom now...it's sooo nice in there! I wouldn't mind a small closet, smaller room and a single window overlooking the front yard...the baby can have our room with the double closets, tv, and view of the lake. You wouldn't mind JD, right? :)
Papa Schoppe has been hard at work this week putting up the baseboards and crown moulding in the nursery. He is one awesome Grampa. 
Sneak preview

"Moms-to-be at 28 weeks are known for their lack of sleep"...that is the best thing we're known for at this point. Being tired and cranky. Awesome. 
JD is away until Sunday on his Men-with-the-last-name-Rogers-plus-Todd-and-Sam fishing trip so I have the whole bed to myself. I will say I slept no better or worse without JD there...so that's good news for him that I won't exile him to the guest room anytime soon.

Nugget is the size of an eggplant. Mmm eggplant. The one thing I've been craving that I will not allow myself to eat is a pizza with eggplant on top...because the eggplant is fried. It is literally the best tasting and worst thing for you on a pizza. Notice I said on a pizza. Because, the worst thing for you are the deep fried Oreos at the Woodstock Fair...but I'm not thinking about those...nope.

Pregnancy Symptoms for Week 28:
-Trouble sleeping: Again, trying to sleep on one side of your body for 8 hours is tough. 
-Shortness of breath: I haven't had an issue with this one, but I also try not to move all that quickly in the first place.
-Aches and Pains: The usual back pain.
-Braxton Hicks Contractions: Nothing too bad. I'm getting kicked and punched so much it's hard to tell the difference
-Leaky boobs: No, I have not had this problem. Thankfully. Save this one for when I'm breastfeeding.

To Do:
-Start counting baby's kicks - really Thebump.com? If I did that I would have no time to do anything else. I have one active Nugget apparently. 
-Do a happy dance for the 3rd trimester - YES! 







No comments:

Post a Comment