BabyFruit Ticker

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Week 20 - Halftime



Hello all - This week's post coming from the testosterone portion of your program.  Amazingly, we (read; Rachel) are halfway through this amazing journey of adding a new Rogers and Schoppe to the family trees.  Each day and week the excitement and anxiousness grows!!

Thus far, Rachel has been an absolute rock star and shown toughness, physical and mental, I can only hope our youngun inherits.  Honestly, this has almost been to a fault.  My limited and culturally swayed perception of pregnant women certainly includes "cravings".  She has these, but painfully will not satisfy them.  Or, allow me to.  The amount of times I've heard "I want chocolate sooooo bad" or "I want baked cookies sooooo bad" leads not to me being able to get them for her, but:


One thing she does succeed in - when she's craving the bed covers, they are taken.  The new husband, her body pillow, has something to do with this..I will say, my book (Dude, You're Having a Baby) claims "You'll (as in, me) start developing the same cravings and eating habits as your partner".  I've never really had a sweet tooth, but it's been bad the past few months.  Also been eating more ice cream than I really ever have, though that may be Irv inspired.

The Spring could not have gotten here sooner.  Exercise and the lake will be great for the nugget.  Though, with the man of the house on crutches for 90 inches of snow, Rach did get some exercise through the winter.  You're welcome.  We made our first trek on foot over to Lake Sr.  Little over 20 minutes.  Not surprisingly, as they're pulling out all trickery to see nugget as often as possible, my folks initially had told us it was only 17 minutes.

We have also started reading to our precious little rugger-to-be.  Beatrix Potter made up words.

Without further ado, here be Rach and her belly at 20 weeks.  I promise she has not eaten an adult brownie.  I think she just REEAAALLLLY likes her mask:



At 20 weeks the nugget is about size of a banana, another favorite health snack of the Rogers.  Not quite on par with sweet potato, but...Little one now has developed taste buds, so I'll be sure to make more and more salads and less cooked veggies.  He or she is also ingesting numerous ounces of amniotic fluid every day now.  I'll assume that's a good thing.

Week 20 symptoms:

Vaginal discharge - No habla Ingles

Leg cramps - Not that I've heard.  I know Rach's back has bugged her.

Heartburn - Si, been times when I can tell there's some acid reflux going on

High energy - Hmmm, loaded "symptom".  This depends highly on if it's before or after meal time.  Though I suppose "hungry monster" would still be considered high energy.

Mild Swelling - At first I thought this said "mind swelling".  This would have been an emphatic yes.  There has been swelling in certain, gentleman-pleasing areas.  Dunno besides that.  I don't believe so.

Shortness of breath - I would hope a) Rach would alert me if so and b) that I could tell if my beautiful pregnant wife wasn't inhaling and exhaling.

So, we begin the 2nd half of our first foray into parenthood.  As mentioned we are so incredibly excited!!  Been trying to listen and hear them wiggling around in there, I like to think I have heard.  We'll be back next week for Week 21!

JD & Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment