BabyFruit Ticker

Friday, April 12, 2013

19 Weeks

This girl has got ice cream
This girl has got ice cream
She's walking on ice cream
This girl has got ice cream
(For those of you who are confused, this is to the tune of "This Girl is on Fire" by the fabulous Alicia Keys)



Well, 19 Weeks. Almost to the halfway point. That is crazy and a topic I will save for next week.

This week - 19 Weeks, 19, 19! Got it? 19. The baby is the size of a mango....yummmmm. Don't get any ideas though, because the baby is starting to grow its Vernix Caseosa (compared to a greasy cheese...doesn't that just make your mouth water?).
Nugget is about 6 inches long and weighs about 8.5 ounces. All 5 senses are starting to develop as well. I'm supposed to start eating a wide variety of food items so that when the baby grows up and starts eating real food it will actually like the taste of cooked vegetables (unlike my husband), fruits, and spicy foods.

On an awesome note: June and I went on a Maternity shopping spree this weekend and I am now SET for the rest of the pregnancy. We picked out lots of good stuff!! Thanks again Mom!!
This is how I look:

Week 19 Pregnancy Symptoms from TheBump.com
-Aches and pains in your abdomen: These are fun. It's like when you have a broken rib and you can feel a sneeze coming on and you pray it goes away because you know you're about to experience a truly painful  moment. That's abdomen pain. Sneezing, laughing, getting out of the car awkwardly...all lead to this. Luckily, it doesn't last long.  And as long as it is quick and painful there is no need to fear!
-Dizziness or lightheadedness (which isn't a real word): So far the only time this has happened is when I go a little too long without food. But that happened before I was pregnant. I think JD is having Sympathy Pregnancy Symptoms because he has had a few dizzy spells lately. Maybe he should make an appointment with my OB/GYN.
-Leg Cramps: I have not suffered leg cramps. I had a toe cramp the other day though. 
-Hip Pain: This one is funny. The bump recommends sleeping with a pillow between the knees to help but.....that is EXACTLY what is causing my hip pain! I bought a body pillow so that it would be more comfortable to sleep on my side. I end up sleeping on my side the entire night and wake up at 5am and my hip is sore and achy. So I have to awkwardly swing the body pillow onto my other side under the duvet and quilt, sometimes a cat, and try not to wake up JD. I usually do. All I want to do is sleep on my back, but I'm not supposed to...unless I want to end up with varicose veins, hemorrhoids or constipation...nobody wants those! 

To Dos:
-Make ultrasound appointment: Yes, scheduled for April 26th!!!
-Start searching for a Pediatrician: WHAT?

I couldn't decide...these are both awesome.


Ok...I'm sorry...I recently discovered HOW to use GIFs and it is amazing!! I'm a little obsessed. They are so funny when you find just the right one for your needs. 

JD was supposed to guest write the blog this week but he is very important and is very busy at work. He will try to post something this weekend. 

Until the next time I overwhelm you with GIFs....
Don't be scared...It's a mask.

2 comments:

  1. You know my favorite is the Family Guy one!.. haha and picturing you as him with a little baby bump makes it even better.

    loves!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They REALLY increase the quality of the blog. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete