BabyFruit Ticker

Friday, April 26, 2013

21 Weeks

Today the baby is the size of a Pomegranate. A 10.5 inch pomegranate. A what? 
I'm pretty sure that would be a pomegranate the size of JD's head. I'm now skeptical of this fruit scale. 

Pregnancy Symptoms this week:
-Heartburn/Indigestion: Only after I ate 10 mini eclairs....it was probably the cream filling.
-Braxton Hicks Contractions: Not that I know of...maybe that's what I'm thinking are the baby's movements...
-Leaky boobs: Haha....no.
-Dry, itchy skin: YES. Trying to hunt down the remedy. What I'm using seems to only last for a little while. Looking forward to Lexie's homemade goodies.
-Stretch Marks: Not that I've noticed yet. But I've only gained 9 pounds overall.

The baby is making lots of movements...though I can't tell if I can feel them or not! Seriously...I know it's supposed to feel like a flutter or a tap tap tap from the inside. 
But is that what I'm feeling? Or am I feeling my lunch digest? Dr. Kesselman said I may or may not be feeling them but in a few weeks I'll really be able to tell. 

This past week I managed to come down with a cold. It's really not fun to be sick and pregnant. Everything I read in the books said it's ok to take Sudafed. I don't care for Sudafed because it makes my heart race. At our Dr. Appt today Dr. K. said stay away from the -feds. Glad we asked. 
Speaking of Dr. Appt...we were SUPPOSED to have an ultrasound this morning. Where we get to see every inch of our baby. They called 45 minutes before our appt to say the Sonographer called out today and they have to reschedule. I immediately started crying. First of all...why do you only employ ONE sonographer? That is your entire purpose of being a Dr.'s office. You have a fancy machine, maybe you should employ more than one person who can read them. Secondly...can we add to our medical record that my husband works 1.5 hours away and we can't reschedule appt's willy nilly? We ended up getting them to move other people around, because I'm more important, and we have an appt. first thing Monday morning. Maybe JD will let me find out the sex of the baby!? I'm so excited to wait and be surprised but the suspense is KILLING ME! 

Very Very Very excited for May 1 - JD and I head out on our babymoon to California to visit the West Coast Schoppe/Cronks. And we can't wait! 
This is just hilarious and made me think of Amanda...no idea why.

So I will post again after our ultrasound for an update! But the Dr. said today that the baby's heartbeat is very strong (150bpm), my blood pressure is perfect, and weight gain on target (gained one pound since last month).


And this poor little guy just made me smile:


21 Weeks


No comments:

Post a Comment