BabyFruit Ticker

Thursday, August 15, 2013

37 Weeks

Well folks here we are...3 weeks away from D-Date.  Annnnnd Dad-to-be is all:



Nugget is the size of a Winter melon  And Winter melon looks like Zours. Remember those? They were soooo goood!   I've heard of Zours, sure.  Winter melons??  Not so much.  What the heck are they?  Do you eat them like watermelons?  Or honeydew melon?  Can you wrap delicious cured Italian meats around winter melon??  Which I suppose you can eat like watermelon.  They look moldy.  Almost like green pumpkins.  I wonder when breakfast was chosen as the meal of choice for honeydew and melon?  But watermelon you can really eat anytime.  And how come there's a space between winter and melon but watermelon is one word??  Free tour of my mind...
Winter melon

Zours

I just googled Mike & Ike's. Apparently, they still make Zours! Upon further searching the Wal-greens in Webster carries them. If you need me I'll be loading the palate of Zours into my car. I'm going to be so pregnant mad if they don't have them...Well luckily there is a CVS and Rite Aid within a 3 wood of the Wallgreens...plus another Walgreens one town over.  We'll find some.  If not I'll buy regular Mike & Ike's and cover them in sour sugar.  Which I'll have to find...


Anyway, from this point on I can have the baby and be considered full term. All critical body functions are developed! My nesting instincts are supposed to be kicking in soon...scrubbing the floors? Probably not going to happen...I don't have to worry about doing that until the baby starts crawling...I kid, or do I?  Kid.

Of course not.  I got that.  You just handle scrubbing the showers, toilets and counters, dusting all the tops and corners, vacuuming, laundry, dishes and I'll scrub floors.

Seriously, I've been pretty nesty for a while. Lots of organizing. I'd love to have the desire to clean the floors though...they need it!  Heyyyy Nesty.  Well, we need some of that nesting power for the closets in bathroom and living room.  Feel free to transfer some of it to me.

Nugget weighs somewhere between 6-9 pounds...I sure hope he/she is less than 8. We have so many cute newborn clothes that we'll never be able to wear otherwise! After learning at my last appointment that I had reached 40 pounds of weight gain I started skipping dessert and trying to eat healthier snacks...that lasted 1 day. 1 day.  

Baby is practicing sucking, inhaling, exhaling, gripping (my bladder) and blinking. He/she is also readying it's first poop...just for dad!  It's called meconium, c'mon Mom.  And I only looked that up to check the spelling.  I swear.  Seriously, though.  I'm so excited for this that I think I'll:



Symptoms:
-Nesting: Is this really a symptom?
-Heartburn: When I'm hungry and a banana just doesn't cut it.  Um, you've lost me with this one sweets.
-Spotting: Not so far.  Oh look, squirrel!
-Stretch Marks: In my love handle region...normal
-Increased pressure on abdomen: I have noticed it is more uncomfortable to lay on my left side. I did notice my belly feels a little different lately, but it could just be that I'm anticipating the drop.  Yea this symptom is going to be filed under "Obvious, Captain".
-Trouble sleeping: Yes, and at this point it is no longer a symptom but a fact of life. I will have trouble sleeping for the next 18 years.

To do's:
-Have sex: Seriously? Seriously. That's the first time I've ever been told to do that...Don't ask questions for the love of God...Doctors know best.  Even if they reside on the internet.

I made granola bars this week. I felt like a supermom. Yea, I make my own granola bars. Jealous?  Hippy's Use Side Door.
But, really I made them to have a healthier snack during the day, because I feel like I'm about to do this to our furniture:  See, tree hugger.


I also made a bangin' Spicy Italian Sausage Alfredo. I had it in my head I wanted alfredo sauce and then I thought, "Ooo sausage". Browned some up, made alfredo from scratch, added some portobello mushrooms and broccoli....it was amazing! 
There was more broccoli, it's just hiding under the fettucini
In actuality JD took out all the broccoli and disappeared out back with pesticide and a 12 gauge.  The broccoli can't hurt anyone any more.

We have the nursery mostly put together except for the illusive changing table...and hanging photos/pictures and the rocking chair that Papa Schoppe is rehabbing.  Momma Rach has done an incredible job putting the finer touches on the room.  It looks so incredible.  Can't wait to throw things on the wall (not pickles) and accent colors depending on what the nugget is.  Sex, not species.  Right?
We did buy out Babies R Us last night. We now have everything we need...just need the baby! Come on Nugget! We are ready to meet you. I, of course, spent most of the night playing with the baby monitor.  It is awesome.  Awesome, so long as it doesn't get hacked...seriously:  http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/14/tech/web/hacked-baby-monitor/index.html?hpt=hp_bn1

On Sunday the boys took down the fence in our front yard. I liked the fence, but it was a P.O.S. It was plastic. The weed whacker took chunks out of it. Lame. So, now I need a landscaper to figure out how to make our front yard cute, on the cheap. Jurve?  Tito tried to tell me there were 2x4s in each fence post.  Olin could have taken these down.  

I am reviving an antique shelf. Cleaned it off, sanded it down (wearing a mask, god knows how many layers of lead paint were on that thing!) and now I just need to paint it. Now the baby has somewhere to put its books. 

I've realized I never really slowed down at all this entire pregnancy. I still prefer to do things myself. I HATE it when people try to carry things for me. I know you are trying to be nice, but I can carry my bag that weighs 8 pounds. I've also managed to move a bureau at 34 weeks (JD found out after the fact). But, I should probably start letting the men do things. I noticed after grocery shopping I was a little sore...probably from carrying all the bags in one trip, on one arm. It's a skill I learned living in the city!

We are heading to MV for one final weekend. Maybe it will be a bumpy ride on the return trip ferry and I will go into labor...or if I go into labor on the way there I'll just have the baby at home since Lex is well trained in home births. Who needs a hospital? JD would prefer this option so our child is born in Massachusetts because it is way better than Connecticut apparently...I disagree.

1. If you are from CT you are a Connecticuter. If you are from MA you are a Masshole.  And?
2. The CT state song is one everyone knows: Yankee Doodle. What the heck does "The Great State of Massachusetts" sound like?  What's a Yankee Doodle?  A drawing of Chuck Knoblauch on a napkin?
3. As long as you are not the driver, you can have an adult beverage in automobiles in CT.  In Mass, it can be the driver.  I think. 
4. I was born in CT. Our baby is going to be a Day Kimball baby like its Mama! (I used to have a T-shirt that said this).
5. CT Little League beat MA Little League.  When I was growing up, we throttled CT.  I think.

However, MA has Martha's Vineyard and Gloucester where we were married.  And where JD and witches were born. 

Seriously, all we need to know:




The Nugget has been bouncing all over the place the last few days. Normally he/she isn't that active during the day. It's making me have to pee more; lots of jabs to the bladder.  You are so beautiful and I cannot wait to see our nugget together soon!


My belly is getting pointier...

No comments:

Post a Comment