BabyFruit Ticker

Sunday, August 11, 2013

36 Weeks

I love my husband. 
While I feel like a blob, feel like I look like a blob, and eat like a blob he is there to tell me how beautiful I look. He is the best! Thank you for being so supportive and understanding.

I am so tired. Sleep is eluding me. Everyone keeps telling me "Sleep as much as possible now before the baby comes"...I'm trying, but it just isn't working. Between my back pain, itchy stretching belly and bladder I am up at least 5 times a night for 30 min or so each. I spent one night awake for at least 5 hours. I definitely need more naps in my life. Those dorm rooms are calling my name after lunchtime. 

This past weekend we had a few friends over. We had tickets to Brewfest at Indian Ranch. I was the designated driver. I lasted an hour. In a non-pregnant state it would have been a lot of fun, but in a pregnant state it got old, real fast. All the breweries there were crammed into a relatively small space with a few hundred people all trying to get their tasting cups filled. I was just in the way. My feet hurt. I decided to go home, put my feet up and let them all have fun without worrying about the pregnant lady. They all had a blast. That's all that matters. 
Photo Credit: Erica G.

Sunday was gorgeous and after traveling to 3 different places to find breakfast (there were 7 of us) we ended up at Panera...not bad in a pinch. The men went disc golfing and the ladies relaxed on the deck. We enjoyed the afternoon on the boat with lunch and fresh fruit. The big kids played some lawn games while this lady relaxed. Great end to the weekend!

Overall this week has been pretty relaxed, which is glorious! First week in a long time that one of us didn't have something planned after work. I've been organizing the baby items. Uncle Tito is going to build us a changing table. I ordered a lamp for the baby's room...thank you leftover wedding gift cards!! 

Amanda came to spend the night Friday on her way to a wedding in Maine. It was glorious. And, since her birthday was this past Monday, I'm made her her favorite cake…ice cream cake! 


We are attending a wedding this weekend as well. I love weddings. This is our only wedding this year! Amazing. 

We are going to get the rest of the items we need for the baby this weekend as well. In case we're surprised, I want to be ready! 
Congratulations to Rachel & Jeff Abke on their little bundle of awesome Wally who arrived 17 days early! (No this doesn't make me nervous…)

We saw the doctor this week. She is not thrilled by my work trip this coming week. JD is very nervous about it. I'm sure there are good hospitals in New Jersey...

This week....
Nugget is the size of a honeydew melon. Or in the "Dad edition" I recently discovered, the size of a ukulele. 
If Nugget decided to come early, it could probably breathe on its own, but maybe not. Otherwise, all other vital organs are up and running. 

Symptoms:
-General Discomfort: Why, yes. I'm generally uncomfortable the majority of the time. 
-Difficulty sleeping: This came in handy last night when there was a fire alarm at the hotel. 
-Ankle and foot swelling: I have never seen my feet like this ever. JD says they are adorable…they're not. 

GIF-less post this week…sorry I'm tired.

Belly: 

No comments:

Post a Comment