BabyFruit Ticker

Friday, March 22, 2013

16 Weeks

4 months down...5 to go! 
So the Nugget is now the size of an Avocado...yum I love avocados! I've been putting a few slices on my egg sandwich, but I'm really craving some yummy guacamole...the kind they make at your table at a fancy Mexican restaurant...the spicier the better! Alas, Webster is seriously lacking authentic ethnic foods.
Back to the Nugget...it is 4.6 inches long (or so) and weighs about 3.5 ounces. In the next couple weeks it will double in weight. 

Around this time other mothers claim that their hair is more lustrous and their skin more radiant. Well my hair is more gray than ever. Its flat and dull. My skin has NEVER been this bad. I'm not sure what else I can do. 

On the cool side...the baby should start to hear my voice. That is pretty incredible. This means I have to start watching what I say! No more road rage in the car. I'll just silently flip someone the bird instead of translating. 
It is a great excuse to sing and play music more. Hopefully our Nugget will be able to appreciate not just Jam Bands, but discover that there are other genres of music! (Sorry JD)

Pregnancy Symptoms to Expect from TheBump.com
Back Aches - Yes, have those. They go from mid-back to way lower back. Sometimes I'm just minding my own business walking and a pain will shoot down my back. Feels great. I may not be exercising as much as I should, but I'm in shape(ish)! 
Bigger Boobs - Had them 3 months ago.
Constipation - Nope, just keep drinking plenty of water and eat some roughage.
Forgetfulness - A.K.A. Pregnancy Brain - This is a doozy! (Did I spell that right?) The other morning I was making eggs. I needed more butter and the butter dish was fresh out. So I opened a new stick and instead of putting it in the butter dish, I dropped it in the pan, that was hot. Luckily, I caught my mistake quickly. Those would have been some rich eggs! Other than that, I haven't forgotten where I live or anything extreme, but I do have a tendency to continuously knock things off the counter when I'm getting ready in the morning or when cooking.
Faster Nail Growth - No, but they are brittle and break constantly.
Dry, itchy eyes - Nope, but I am getting odd hot flashes.
Glowing Skin - Stop taunting me! No my skin is not glowing...enough already.

I am noticing my bump is growing...either that or I ate pasta a few too many times this past month. Can't wait to get weighed next week...should be interesting. 

Enjoy the photo of my bump...there were three versions. One where I was clearly sucking in, one where I was sort of sucking in, and finally JD made me take one au natural. This is the photo I chose to post. 
You're Welcome.




xoxo
Schrogers

2 comments:

  1. Sis, you are adorbes! haha

    #1 you ARE glowing I can feel it from out here and #2 sorry to break it to ya but you have always been a whirling dervish knocking things off the counters in the am:)

    LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Thanks sis!! Yes its true, I have always been a klutz...Love!

      Delete